ROOM RESERVATION IN THE ON-LINE PLATFORM
If you want to make room reservation, type appropriate box in the on-line platform, in part "other", under your personal data. You can leave your accommodation preferences, e.g. type room or select a fellow to share the room - write his/ her name and surname.
No Accommodation Form is needed.
Silesian University of Technology has its own dormitories which are managed by the university’s administration. The dorms may differ from one another in standard.
Double rooms are the most common offer, number of single rooms are very limited.
The dorms are located within the University Campus, 10 minutes by walk from the faculties.
Erasmus+ /exchange students are accommodated to particular dormitory according to their field of study (each dorm "belongs" to particular faculty) and number of free places, available in each dormitory.
The International Mobility Office does not help students to find room/ flat in the city centre. At the request of concerned student it is possible to send contact details of the local real estate agencies.
PRICE LIST FOR THE ROOM
Name of dormitory type of room payment for 1month payment for 1night/person
Alaska single*** 430,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
double** 430,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Babilon double** 425,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Babilon single*medical 458,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
single**medical 470,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
double* 382,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Karlik single 472,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
single in segment 420,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
double in segment 403,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Solaris & single 458,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Ondraszek double 376,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Rzepicha & single 430,00 PLN 22,00 PLN
Piast & double 354,00 PLN 22,00 PLN
Ziemowit triple 305,00 PLN 17,00 PLN
Strzecha & double 354,00 PLN 22,00 PLN
Elektron & triple 305,00 PLN 17,00 PLN
Sezam single 670,00 PLN 36,00 PLN
double 600,00 PLN 36,00 PLN
Barbara*** double 354,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
*** medical room for disabled person who is using wheelchair; in case no person who met the criteria, the room will be qualified as guest room - payment: 780,00 PLN for 1 person, 1200,00 PLN for 2 persons
** high standard rooms
* upgraded rooms
- 2 students in triple room, payment is for double room,
- 1 student in double room in the "Solaris" dormitory price - 520,00 PLN, in the rest dormitories price - 500,00 PLN, on condition free places.
In case accommodation 2 persons:
- "Karlik" - triple room in segment - payment: 460,00 PLN/ place, in the rest of dormitories triple room - payment as for double room, it does not concern "Alaska" and "Sezam",
- "Solaris" - double room occupied by 1 person - payment: 520,00 PLN, in the rest of dormitories - payment: 500,00 PLN, it does not concern "Alaska" and "Sezam".
This offer is for SUT's students only. It does not concern the "Alaska" dormitory, located in Zabrze.
IMPORTANT - main university campus is located in Gliwice however:
Faculty of Transport in Katowice, dormitory the "Babilon" in Katowice,
Faculty of Materials Science and Metallurgy in Katowice, dormitory the "Babilon" in Katowice,
Faculty of Organisation and Management in Zabrze, dormitory the "Alaska" in Zabrze.
Rooms have such basic equipment as: beds, a desktop, a wardobe, bedclothes and sheets, a chair, a desktop lamp, heater (in the winter season). Kitchen is not equipped with cutlery, pots, pans or crockery. Fridges are partly available in the dormitories - not every room/ dormitory has it.
Kitchen and bathrooms sometimes common for the whole floor. Each student house has facilities such as TV room, gym, ping-pong room and each room has Internet access.
Access to the Internet
In order to gain access to the Internet follow the instructions:
- have a computer with properly installed network card (wired),
- buy the network cable which connects computer to a socket,
- print and fill in application form using CAPITAL LETTERS; to fill in application form you will need the MAC address your network card,
- application form deliver to network administrator (Polish student who lives in the same dormitory as you; his/her room number is well-known to the dormitory's staff) in person,
- connection to the network is free of charge.
For check-in is needed:
- 1 passport size photo,
- valid passport or ID card.
The procedure takes place at the Dormitory Office – located at the ground floor, just after your arrival. Head of your dormitory is the right person for check-in. The passport size photo is needed to prepare Inhabitant Card (Karta Mieszkańca). After the check-in you will get an Inhabitant (Resident) Card which allows to enter the dormitory. Keep it in your wallet and show the reception upon every entrance. The passport or ID card is taken for a while to make notes of information given there. On the basis of collected information your temporary stay in Gliwice is registered by Head of the dormitory in the local Municipal Office.
DORMITORY RULES - main points
- all students can use the laundry, kitchen and the TV room (keys available at the reception),
- bedclothes are changed every 3 weeks,
- students get bedclothes and other equipment, for which they are financially responsible until they return them to head of dormitory when checked-out,
- students can change room only with permission from head of dormitory,
- while entering the dormitory show Inhabitant Card (provided during the check-in),
- leave the key room at the reception when going out of the dormitory,
- the “Quiet hours” from 11:00 PM till 6:00 AM are in force; give a time for rest your neighbors,
- in case serious damages or reprehensible behavior student might be expelled from the dormitory,
- dispose of rubbish regularly and only at designed places - nobody will do it on behalf of you,
- keep room, kitchen, bathroom and other general purpose clean the way you would like to find,
- in order to use more effectively places in the dormitory students are obligated to change their rooms if head of dormitory decides so,
- monthly payment for room in the dormitory must be done till the 10th day of each month in the bank or post office,
- while check-out return the equipment, accomplish all formalities and leave the room cleaned up,
- in case missing equipment or damage room done, student will be charged with the costs of repair by reducing dormitory deposit.
Dormitory deposit - 200 EUR (to be paid in EURO only) - is one-off payment made to the university account which each Erasmus+/ exchange student is obligated to pay before or after arrival.
Deadline for payment dormitory deposit: max. 7 days after student's arrival.
Type of payment: bank transfer only – detailed information are included in the invoice genereted from SUT’s on-line platform.
- stated damages in the dormitory room,
- stated damages of the dormitory property made by resident,
- missing payment for room in domitory, deposit (200EUR) will be reduced respectively to costs.
The deposit will be returned to you at check-out.
Before you leave the room:
- inform person for Erasmus+ / exchange students at the International Mobility Office as well as head of dormitory about your departure at least 5 working (not calendar) days ahead; take into account that 5 working days it's a minimum and it is suggested to do it as quick as possible,
- make sure that you made all payments for the room (monthly/ daily payment; any doubts about payment/ amount to be paid contact head of your dormitory),
- in order to get back dormitory deposit deliver confirmation from head of dormitory to the International Mobility Office as well as you bank data information,
- dormitory deposit is given back by bank transfer only; leave at Mobility Office following documents: your bank data information (you can also leave details of bank accout of your mother or father; write this person full name and surname and relations) and confirmation from head of dormitory,
- leave room clean, the way you would like to find it yourself upon arrival; the room standard/ conditions as well as equipment depends on users,
- don't forget to take all your belongings,
- give back keys room to the reception,
- HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY!