ROOM RESERVATION IN THE ON-LINE PLATFORM
If you want to make room reservation, mark appropriate box in the on-line platform, in part "other", under your personal data. You can leave your accommodation preferences, e.g. type room or select a fellow to share the room - write his/her name and surname.
Silesian University of Technology has its own dormitories which are managed by the university’s administration. The dorms may differ from one another in standard.
Double rooms are the most common offer, number of single rooms are very limited.
The dorms are located within the University Campus, 10 minutes by walk from the faculties.
The International Mobility Office does not help students to find room/flat in the city centre.
PRICE LIST FOR THE ROOM
Name of dormitory type of room payment for 1month payment for 1night/person
Alaska (Zabrze) single*** 430,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
double** 430,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Babilon (Katowice) double** 425,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Babilon (Katowice) single*medical 458,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
single**medical 470,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
double* 382,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Karlik single 472,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
single in segment 420,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
double in segment 403,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Solaris & single 458,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Ondraszek double 376,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
Rzepicha & single 430,00 PLN 22,00 PLN
Piast & double 354,00 PLN 22,00 PLN
Ziemowit triple 305,00 PLN 17,00 PLN
Strzecha & double 354,00 PLN 22,00 PLN
Elektron & triple 305,00 PLN 17,00 PLN
Sezam single 670,00 PLN 36,00 PLN
double 600,00 PLN 36,00 PLN
Barbara*** double 354,00 PLN 27,00 PLN
* upgraded rooms
** high standard rooms
*** medical room for disabled person who is using wheelchair; in case no person who met the criteria, the room will be qualified as guest room - payment: 780,00 PLN for 1 person, 1200,00 PLN for 2 persons
Rooms have such basic equipment as: beds, a desk, a wardrobe, bedclothes and sheets. Kitchen is not equipped with cutlery, pots, pans or crockery. In some dormitories kitchen and bathrooms are common for the whole floor.
ACCESS TO THE INTERNET
In order to gain access to the Internet follow the instructions:
- have a computer with properly installed network card (wired)
- buy the WLAN cable
- print and fill in the application form using CAPITAL LETTERS; to fill in application form you will need the MAC address of your network card,
- deliver the application form to the network administrator in person (Polish student, who lives in the same dormitory as you; his/her room number is well-known to the dormitory's staff) ,
- connection to the network is free of charge.
DORMITORY RULES - main points
- all students can use the laundry, kitchen and the TV room,
- bedclothes are changed every 3 weeks,
- students are financially responsible for bedclothes and other equipment, until they return them to the head of dormitory during the check-out,
- students can change the room only with permission from the head of dormitory,
- while entering the dormitory show Inhabitant Card (provided during the check-in),
- leave the key room at the reception when going out of the dormitory,
- the “Quiet hours” from 11:00 PM till 6:00 AM are in force; give a time for rest your neighbors,
- in case of serious damages or reprehensible behavior student might be expelled from the dormitory,
- keep room, kitchen, bathroom and other general purpose clean,
- in order to use more effectively places in the dormitory students are obligated to change their rooms, if head of dormitory decides so,
- monthly payment for room in the dormitory must be done till the 10th day of each month in the bank or the post office,
- before checking-out return the equipment, accomplish all formalities and leave the room cleaned up,
- in case of missing equipment or damage done, student will be obliged to cover the costs of repair by reducing dormitory deposit.
Dormitory deposit - 200 EUR (to be paid in EURO only) - is one-time payment (made to the university account), which has to be done within 7 days after arrival.
The deposit will be returned to you at check-out.
Type of payment: bank transfer only – detailed information are included in the invoice genereted from SUT’s on-line platform.
In case of the damage done in the dormitory room or damage of the dormitory property made by resident, missing payment for room in domitory, deposit (200EUR) will be reduced respectively to costs.
For check-in you will need:
- 1 passport size photo,
- valid passport or ID card.
These documents are needed to prepare a Resident Card, which allows you to enter your dormitory.
Before you leave the room:
- inform person for exchange students at the International Mobility Office as well as head of dormitory about your departure at least 5 working days ahead,
- make sure that all payments are made,
- in order to get back dormitory deposit deliver confirmation from the head of dormitory to the International Mobility Office,
- leave your room clean,
- give back keys room to the reception.